Skip to content
- Neart na Gaoithe means ‘Strength of the Wind’.
- The project has the potential to generate 450MW of renewable energy.
- When fully operational, it will generate enough electricity to power over 325,000 households.
- NnG represents an investment of £2 billion in Scotland’s energy infrastructure.
- It will offset over 400,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions each year.
- Onshore grid connection is at Crystal Rig onshore wind farm near Dunbar, East Lothian.
- Distance of approximately 1 km between each turbine.
- The closest turbine will be a minimum of 15.5 km from the shore.
- The NnG site will be approximately 105 km2.