Offshore Section 36 Consent Variation
Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Limited has applied to the Scottish Ministers to vary the consent granted under section 36 of the Electricity Act 1989 to construct and operate the Neart Na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Farm granted by the Scottish Ministers to Neart na Gaoithe Offshore Wind Limited on the 10 October 2014.
The Variation Application seeks to make the following variations:
- an increase in the maximum rated turbine capacity from 6MW to 7MW (the maximum generating capacity will continue to be limited to 450MW);
- a change in maximum turbine hub height from 107.5m to 115m above lowest astronomical tide;
- a change in maximum turbine platform height from 18m to 21m above lowest astronomical tide; and
- consequential variations to the wind turbine rotation speed and range of speed at blade tip.
Marine Scotland will be carrying out formal consultation in relation to the Variation Application.
Copies of these documents are also available for inspection, free of charge, during normal office/opening hours at:
Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP
5th Floor, 1 Exchange Crescent
- Shepherd and Wedderburn LLP 5th Floor, 191 West George Street Glasgow G2 2LB
- Dunbar Library Castellau Belhaven Road Dunbar EH42 1DA
- St Andrews Library Church Square St Andrews KY16 9NN
- Carnoustie Library 21 High Street Carnoustie DD7 6AN
- Scottish Government Library Victoria Quay Edinburgh EH6 6QQ
Any representations to the Variation Application should be made by email to The Scottish Government, Marine Scotland Licensing Operations Team mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Scottish Government, Marine Scotland Licensing Operations Team, Marine Laboratory, PO Box 101, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB identifying the proposal and specifying the grounds for representation, not later than 23 September 2015.
Section 36 Consent (PDF)